Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Why Do You Do What You Want To Do?

What gives you that motivation do go a step further? Is it a number? Is it an object? Is it a feeling? Or is it something bigger than that?

Motivation is a key element to reaching your goal. It’s something that everyone has to begin a journey and what most people need to complete the task. Think about to when you were in school. Motivation could’ve been from getting a weekly allowance for good grades. Motivation could’ve been envisioning yourself walking across the stage getting your diploma. Maybe, in some cases, motivation at school was a chance to see someone you had a secret crush on. These motivators allowed you to think of your goal and realize that there is nothing that is going to stop you in achieving it.

The one thing about motivation is that it stays embedded in your heart. It never leaves. At time, there may some outside influences that shelf it, or move it back, but it always stays with you. It’s part of your soul. And you have to make sure you always remember it. Why are you doing this every day? Why do you fight harder and harder every moment to reach your goals? Never lose sight of your motivation. If you do, the road to your goal becomes just a little longer. You feel in a rut and you feel that results aren’t happening as fast. You begin to feel lonely and can get distraction. That’s why you have to harness your motivation. Bring it back to the forefront. So, let’s do it. Here’s a simple question: What is your goal and what motivates you to that goal?

Let's compare notes:

My goal: Change myself by improving my wellness and being though fitness, community service, charity and advocating. Live by knowing that I have the ability to help me. See by keeping a constant vision that I have an impact on my community. Become a better me.

My motivations: This is a multi-part answer.

My family – I come from a family of survivors. My parents are both disabled and have had health problems for many years. We’ve never been the “silver spoon” family. My family has had to sacrifice so much at times to survive. And we have. My family motivates me because of their strength. To know that one day, I will be able to say I survived obesity and not have to worry about heart issues and problems gives me that strength I need to push forward.  Knowing that they can be proud of me for my charitable acts because of lessons I’ve learned from them motivates me more than they know. They have raised me well. I’m glad I get to use all of those life lessons and pay it forward. Nothing gets me more pumped to reach my goal than seeing the happiness of my family when they know I did proved “I can survive.”

My friends – My friends are such a motivation to me. Through their wisdom and personal stories, they’ve made me realize I’m never alone in this. So, I’m doing this for them, just as well. Seeing them root me on in my journey, having them read me a quote or even say, “When I saw this, it reminded me of” reminds me that I do have impact on the world and that I need to make sure that it’s the best impact that I could make. To know that one day, my friends will be with me at the same spot and we’ll all be making a difference and loving each other unconditionally, is motivation to do anything in the world.

Myself – To know that when I’m done with reaching my goal, I’ll be healthier, smarter and more helpful to society motivates me more than ever. To think that I’m going to work as hard as I can today to live easier tomorrow and can dedicate my whole to helping others and teaching other that they can reach goals through their own selves is extremely powerful to me. We are all as powerful as we choose to let ourselves be. And know that I’m doing this for not only my family and friends, but also MY future, gets me going every second.

Your Homework: Take out a piece of paper and write in the upper ¾ of the page, “I DO ALL OF THIS FOR:” and then place pictures of who/what/why you do everything for under it. And place it somewhere you look at every day: a mirror, the fridge, a clothes closet or even a washing machine. That way, whenever you get up or out for the day, you’ll always see what motivates you. Keep that constant reminder when you see your children’s picture or a picture of yourself when you were thing, you are going to get there because you don’t want to let any of those motivations down.

So, what are your goals and motivation? If you want to discuss it, send me an e-mail, tweet, message or just comment below. I always have an open ear, shoulder and hug for you! 1Love4All.

Thanks for reading! I’ll leave you with a few extras:

A Jase Quote: “You’re going to only live once. Why not spending it improving yours and others?”

Jase’s Song for the Day: “Reach” by Gloria Estefan


No comments:

Post a Comment